College of Agriculture & Life Sciences Spring Field Day
FFA SPRING FIELD DAY
State Career Development Event
Friday March 6, 2015
University of Arizona, Tucson
CALS, FFA Career Development Event Day is scheduled for Friday, March 6, 2015. Approximately 1500 high school students, teachers, and adult chaperones will visit the U of A for 14 different, hands-on, learning events. The Awards Ceremony with a welcome by Dean Shane Burgess is scheduled for 4:00 p.m. in the Student Union North Ballroom. CDE Day is a great activity in which to participate. The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and the University of Arizona welcomes all participants. Be a part of the experience!
Please feel free to attend the Ceremony.
For more information, please contact Robert Torres, CALS FFA CDE Chair at email@example.com.
- Testing Protocol
- Proctor Agreement
- Witness Agreement
- Campus Map and Parking Lots
- Directions to Campus Ag Center
- Directions to ERL (Aquaculture Event)
- CDE Information Packet, 2015
CDE Faculty Chairs:
- Ag Business: Trent Teegerstrom
- Ag Mechanics: Ed Franklin
- Agronomy: Mike Ottman
- Aquaculture: Kevin Fitzsimmons
- Entomology: Gene Hall
- Forestry: Tom DeGomez and Chris Jones
- Horse: Elaine Marchello
- Job Interview: Matt Mars
- Livestock: Dan Kiesling
- Meats Evaluation: Sam Garcia
- Nursery: Ursula Schuch
- Range Management: Larry Howery
- Soils: Tom Wilson
Vet Tech: Noble Jackson
Career Development Events (CDEs) give students an opportunity to demonstrate their skills in a competitive setting.
The Arizona Association FFA provides information about the CDEs.