To apply to our graduate program click here!
Admissions will require a complete application. A complete application consists of:
- Submitted application
- Official high school transcripts (and/or college transcripts, if applicable)
- Application processing fee
- Test scores (ACT or SAT) are required for freshmen merit based scholarships or The Honors College consideration.
- Admissions will complete a review before test scores are submitted, so please don't wait to apply!
Students have the opportunity to explore a variety of career opportunities in agriculture and the life sciences, as well as formal and non-formal educational settings. The field of Agricultural Education prepares students to teach in secondary agriculture classrooms, serve as extension educators, and work in agricultural business. A Master's degree in Agricultural Education will also prepare students who wish to pursue higher education as a career. Please note: Applicants to the M.S. in Agricultural Education - Research emphasis are required to submit current GRE scores.
The department offers two different graduate programs:
Master of Science (M.S.) offered in two ways:
Master of Agricultural Education (M.A.E.) offered in three ways:
- Master of Agricultural Education - Career & Technical Education (CTE)
- Master of Agricultural Education - CTE Accelerated Program (AMP)
- Master of Agricultural Education - Practioner
Graduate Certificates - complete 12 units to earn the certificate:
- Agricultural Leadership
- Adult Teaching
- Career Technical Education Administrator
- Required Courses
- AED505A (3 credits) Principles of Career and Technical Education
- CTE 500 (2 credits) Principles & Philosophy of Career and Technical Education
- AED 601 (3 credits) Philosophy and Practices of Instructional Methods
- CTE 510 (2 credits) Curriculum Development in Career and Technical Education
- CTE 520 (2 credits) Classroom Instructional Development for Career and Technical Education
- EDL565 (3 credits) School Finance
- Required Courses
For all inquires, please email Dr. Amber Rice at email@example.com
The graduate degree in Agricultural Education-Professional Agriculture Emphasis (MS) is available, fully online.
The Graduate Certificate, Career and Technical Education Administrator (CTE) is also available, fully online. NOTE: The Career and Technical Education Administrator Certificate is tailored for, but not limited to, students working in Agricultural Education or working with an Agricultural Education focus in their career.